The development proposals comprise up to 600 dwellings including 1 and 2 bed apartments, 2/3/4 bed terraced houses and 3/4 bed semi-detached and detached houses The proposal also allows for a neighbourhood centre with up to 500m2 of retail and leisure uses, a 300m2 health/community centre, and up to 6000m² of business starter units.
Up to 30% of the housing mix would be affordable properties available in variety of tenure types. The remainder would be for sale on the open market.
The proposed development framework is shown below; the overall concept incorporates a range of uses which includes the following elements:
- A mix of high quality homes to support mainly family living which will include affordable properties (available to rent or rent-to-buy);
- A Neighbourhood Centre containing commercial and social facilities to support the community;
- Provision of high quality landscape and amenity space;
- New Access off Port Road, with transport network improvement measures to alleviate congestion within the local network
- Pedestrian crossings: on the southern edge of the development, providing safe and sustainable routes to Barry.
A newsletter dated March 2014 has been circulated to the nearby local residents. To read the newsletter click on Newsletter March 2014.
If you have any comments or views on Walters’ proposals on the scheme at Walters Farm, Barry click on Public Consultation, Walters Farm.
Walters Land (Rogerstone) Limited are pleased to confirm that its outline planning application for a residential lead, mixed use scheme at Walters Farm, Weycock Cross, Barry has been registered by the Vale of Glamorgan Council.
For further information please see the attached.